Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools (NLPS) and the City of Nanaimo have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for the proposed purchase of the Rotary Bowl, Serauxmen Stadium and a triangle parcel on the NDSS site property. In addition, the City and NLPS have agreed to cost-share an artificial turf field on the site.
On Wednesday, February 22, 2017, the Board of Education entered into a period of engagement where the public may provide feedback. Input will be received until the end of the day Friday, March 10 via online survey, email, mail or at the open house.
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017, the Board approved the City of Nanaimo’s proposal to purchase the Rotary Bowl, Serauxmen Stadium and a triangle parcel on the NDSS site property, in addition to the joint project to cost-share an artificial turf field on the site.
The district will now seek Minister of Education approval and enter into a Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA), which will see the property subdivided and the completion of the sale of the parcels of land to the City of Nanaimo, as set out in the terms and subject to conditions set out in the PSA.
- Wednesday, February 22 – Online engagement begins
- Wednesday, March 8 – Business Committee meeting for public presentations (register your intent to present by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 3, 2017)
- Thursday, March 9 – Open house – Nanaimo Ice Centre 4:30 to 8:30 pm
- Friday, March 10 – Public engagement process closes
- Wednesday, March 15 – Regular Board Meeting (Summary of feedback from engagement process)