Bayview Elementary 250 754-3231
Fairview Community 250 753-3418
Georgia Avenue Community
Thanks to the financial support from the Ministry of Education, School District 68 is supporting families to become involved in early learning and providing opportunities where they can spend time learning through play with their children.
Early Development Instrument (EDI)
NEW! The BCTF Strike Action also affects StrongStart centres - we ask that parents not attend sessions starting Monday, June 16.
StrongStart Early Learning Centres provide a free drop-in program for children 5 and under and their parent, grandparent, or caregiver.
School District 68 has eight StrongStart Centres. The hours of operation vary - see below for times at each centre.
Birth certificates must be provided when registering your child.
will be closed for staff meetings on the following day:
• Friday, June 20, 2014 (please note this date has changed)
Bayview Elementary School - Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Fairview Community School - Monday to Friday 8:45 to 11:45 a.m.
Georgia Avenue Community School - Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Ladysmith Primary - Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 12 noon
McGirr Elementary School - Monday to Friday 8:45 to 11:45 a.m.
Quarterway Elementary School - Monday to Friday 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Rutherford Elementary School - Monday to Friday 8:45 to 11:45 a.m.
Woodbank Primary School - Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Work in partnership with
parents, their children, an Early Childhood Educator, and community
• Promote language, physical and social-emotional development of children
• Families and caregivers will be supported to interact with their children to support early learning
• Intended for parents and their children; parents must remain with their child during the session
• Parents and caregivers (grandparents, aunts, uncles, and adult age siblings) may attend with the children in their care
• If you are a paid child care provider, you are welcome to attend but we ask that you bring no more than two children