Leaders for Learning
The Leaders for Learning Executive Group (formerly known as the Aboriginal Education Leadership Council) is made up of representatives from the three land-based First Nations: Snuneymuxw, Stz’uminus, and Snaw-Naw-As; and the Tillicum Lelum Aboriginal Friendship Centre and Mid-Island Metis Nation, along with the Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools Aboriginal Education Department.
The Group is unique, in that it is neither governed nor mandated by the NLPS Board of Education, instead it is a special partnership between local Aboriginal communities and NLPS themselves through great consultation deriving from the NLPS Aboriginal Education Enhancement Agreement.
The Group meet monthly to receive and discuss updates on key activities in the district and to share information about the communities and organizations they represent.
To learn more about the Leaders for Learning Group and their initiatives, please contact the Chair, Laura Tait, Director of Instruction.
- The Stories that Shaped Us – A Historical Review of Aboriginal Education in NLPS
- Stories of Collective Ownership NLPS Report
- Leaders for Learning 2016-17 Year End Report
- Leaders for Learning 2015-16 Year End Report
- Leaders for Learning 2014-15 Year End Report
- Leaders for Learning 2013-14 Year End Report