The Board of Education develops policies to reflect the values they bring to specific issues as representatives of the community.
Board Policies are statements that guide the desired operation of Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools. They create a framework for the Superintendent of Schools and staff to carry out their responsibilities and may contain statements of belief, expectations, and specific requirements.
Administrative Procedures are the procedures and practices established by the Superintendent of Schools that direct staff work to meet the expectations or requirements of board policies.
Notices of Motion are an opportunity for the public to provide input and feedback on policy updates. Feedback is accepted for a set amount of days.
- Policy 2.7 – Policy Development
- Policy 2.17 – Public Participation
The goals of our strategic plan are:
- Continuous improvement of instruction and assessment
- Safe, caring and healthy learning and working environment that is inclusive of the diversity of our entire learning community
- To be a leader in environment stewardship and sustainability
- Truth and reconciliation