Stephanie Higginson is a former high school teacher with a passion for issues in equity in education. She has also worked in various capacities as an educational researcher.
Stephanie has a BA in International Development from the University of Guelph, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Toronto and an MA in Educational Studies from the University of British Columbia.
Stephanie is the founding parent of the Outdoor Kindergarten program at Woodbank Primary School (now closed). She is mom to two young school-aged boys. Stephanie is currently the President of the British Columbia School Trustees Association. She is honoured to have been chosen by her peers from across the province to advocate for school boards and students throughout British Columbia.
Committee / Board Membership
- Vice-Chair Education Committee
- President, BCSTA
- BCPSEA Representative Council
- Bargaining Advisory Committee
- District Parent Advisory Council
- Syeyutsus Committee
- Teacher Trustee Liaison Committee
- Calendar Committee
Represented Family of Schools
- John Barsby Community Secondary
- Learning Alternatives (VAST)
- Bayview Elementary
- Chase River Elementary
- Georgia Avenue Community Elementary
- Park Avenue Elementary