NLPS resides within the traditional territories of the Snuneymuxw, Snaw-Naw-As and Stz’uminus First Nations. In addition, the district is a proud community partner with the Tillicum Lelum Aboriginal Friendship Centre and the Mid Island Métis Nation.
District Leadership Team
- Scott Saywell, Superintendent of Schools/CEO
- Mark Walsh, Secretary-Treasurer
- Tim Davie, Deputy Superintendent (Learning Framework and Operations)
- Laura Tait, Assistant Superintendent (Elementary Programs)
- Don Balcombe, Assistant Superintendent (Secondary Programs)
- Kerri Steel, Director of Instruction, Inclusive Education (Elementary)
- Brian Taje, Director of Instruction, Inclusive Education (Secondary)
- Ricki Bartlett – Director of Instruction (Indigenous Learning)
- Jacquie Poulin – Director of Instruction (Learning & Innovation)
- Maureen Hambley, Associate Secretary-Treasurer
- Dale Burgos, Executive Director of Communications, Privacy and Community Engagement
- Pete Sabo, Executive Director of Planning & Operations
- Zeyad Merchant, Director of Information Technology
Indigenous Learning Team
- Ricki Bartlett, Director of Instruction, Indigenous Learning
E email@example.com P 250 741-5318
- Patti McCarthy, District Assistant, Indigenous Learning
E firstname.lastname@example.org P 250 741-5318
- Tannis Calder, Indigenous Learning Coordinator
E email@example.com P 250 268-3438
- Indigenous Learning Team by school
- Jacquie Poulin, Director of Instruction – Learning & Innovation
Questions about school bus service?
If you have questions about school bus service, please call 250 741-5214 or 250 741-5246, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC)
Information and Privacy Resources
The Office of the BC Information and Privacy Commissioner has resources to assist you in dealing with issues related to information and privacy.
If you wish to make a Freedom of Information request, contact DirectorCommunications@sd68.bc.ca or call 250 754-5521.
General communications inquiries about Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools.
Phone (250) 754-5521
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools
395 Wakesiah Avenue
Nanaimo, BC V9R 3K6
Canadian Union of Public Employees
President of Local 606
Phone: 250 729-0842;
Nanaimo District Teachers’ Association
Jeremy Inscho, President
Phone: 250 756-1237
Nanaimo School Administrators’ Association
Diane McGonigle, President
Phone: 250 390-4027
Contact the Board
If you would like to submit a letter to the Board of Education to be included in the public Board agenda package please email Karen Matthews, Manager – Administrative Services: DistrictAdministrationCentreManager@sd68.bc.ca.
Please note: Due to privacy legislation, if your letter contains names, addresses or any personal information of a student, district employee or a member of the general public, the letter will only be available in the closed Board meeting packages.
You can also contact individual trustees
Contact Human Resources
If you have received an email confirmation from Make a Future, we have received your application.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to individual requests.
Nanaimo-Ladysmith Schools Foundation
Nanaimo-Ladysmith Schools Foundation is a registered, community-based charity that helps the students in Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools. Initiatives include Food4Schools, Student Support Fund, Scholarships and Bursaries as well as Enhanced Learning initiatives and grants.
Visit their website to find out how you can help.