All students requiring bus service must register for busing every school year. Please register by July 1. Register now.
A bus pass will be printed for each student once the registration package is submitted, and approval completed. Passes will be available for pick up the first week of school. Students will not be required to have a Z-Pass card during that period, however, your child must be registered as the district must have an up-to-date ridership list.
Once cards are issued, all students must produce a valid bus pass to scan as they get on and off the bus daily.
Students attending schools within their catchment area and those living beyond the established walk limits are eligible for bus service. Established walk limits are as follows:
- 4.0 km for students attending Elementary Schools grade 1-3
- 4.8 km for students attending Elementary Schools grade 4-12
- All grades 1-12 students may be required to walk up to 3.2 km to the nearest bus stop.
Students attending school of choice (Out of Catchment) or a program of choice (such as French Immersion, Academy programs) or living within the walk limits (all referred to as Courtesy Riders), may be allowed riding privileges provided there is space available on existing routes. Routes will not be altered to service courtesy riders. Parents may register their child using a home address and an alternate address providing the alternate is due to parental custody or daycare needs only. The previous years’ bus passes will need to be returned to the office. You can do this by giving it to any bus driver after your child’s last bus riding day or drop it off at the District Administrative office. New bus passes will be printed in August and can be picked at your child’s school in September
If you need further assistance with registration and/or payment information please call 250-741-5214 or FA-DispatchCoordinator@sd68.bc.ca
You can now register your child for busing in the district through a new online registration process.
Before you begin, please read the Transportation Department’s Online Registration Process and School Busing Frequently Asked Questions. These will guide you through the registration process.
- To register, click here.
- A list of the bus routes are available here.
- An overview of the Zonar ZPass+ system
- Information for students who ride school buses
Who Receives School Bus Service?
Bus transportation is provided for students who live outside the walk limit boundaries. Walk limits for the provision of school bus transportation are:
- Students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 living beyond 4 km (2.5 miles) from school will be eligible for transportation.
- Grades 4-12 pupils living beyond 4.8 km (3 miles) from school will be eligible for transportation.
- All Grades 1-12 pupils may be required to walk up to 3.2 km (2 miles) to the nearest bus stop.
The district also provides school bus service for students with special needs.