The Facilities Department is responsible for:
Operations – Cleaning of schools and other buildings
Maintenance – Keeping the district’s schools and other buildings and grounds in good repair
- Parents or the general public who have maintenance concerns should contact the school directly. If required, the school will initiate a service request to the appropriate department.
Capital Planning – Overseeing construction of new buildings and additions to buildings and overseeing construction projects to address seismic condition of schools
- South Wellington Consultation
- Cilaire Elementary Seismic Mitigation Project
- Ecole Hammond Hammond Bay Elementary Expansion
Minor Alterations – Planning and carrying out renovations to schools
Energy Management – Initiatives to ensure district facilities are energy-efficient
- NLPS Energy Cup 2020-21 Winners
On behalf of the Energy Management Team we would like to thank all the schools that participated in the Energy Cup Challenge #6. Prizes were awarded to acknowledge their effort & work in helping us make a difference in the energy use of the schools.
Dover Bay is the Energy Cup High – Winner $2500
NDSS is the Energy Cup High – Second place winner $1000
Wellington – Third place $500
Learning Alternatives (Woodlands site) – Third Place $500 Prize
Departure Bay is the Energy Cup – Winner $2500
Hammond Bay is the Energy Cup – Second place winner $1000
- Electric School Buses NLPS Energy Manager Mary Zuccaro shares her experience during the BC Hydro electrical service upgrade for the new electric buses. Mary believes the buses are a great way to show the community how serious the school district is about sustainability. 2021
Facility Rentals – After-hours rental of district facilities to community groups
- Rental Fees
- Online facility booking program – questions or concerns with your online login, please email email@example.com or call 250 741-5241 or 250 741-5244.
*Important notice for renters regarding emergency cancellations*
A reminder to all rental partners that the School District reserves the right to cancel individual rental incidences waiving the notice period, for health and safety risks. In these instances the renter will not be charged due to emergency cancellation by the Board. Power outages, inclement weather, emergent maintenance, capital loss events, and school closures are some of the reasons the district has had to cancel permits in the past. The district may also cancel rentals when given direction from the health authority. Thank you for your understanding.
Who Receives School Bus Service?
Bus transportation is provided for students who live outside the walk limit boundaries. Walk limits for the provision of school bus transportation are:
- Students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 living beyond 4 km (2.5 miles) from school will be eligible for transportation.
- Grades 4-12 pupils living beyond 4.8 km (3 miles) from school will be eligible for transportation.
- All Grades 1-12 pupils may be required to walk up to 3.2 km (2 miles) to the nearest bus stop.
The district also provides school bus service for students with special needs.