What are Google Suite for Education?
- GSFE is a cloud based set of applications that are completely free for educational institutions.
- It is very easy to collaborate using GSFE. Documents, email, calendars, spreadsheets and sites can be accessed and edited any time.
- Work offline with documents
- Share files/documents/documents with students and collaborate in real time
- Receive and provide feedback on student assignments
- Can be used on any device (computer, phone, tablet)
- It is available 24/7 provided an internet connection is available
- Education accounts have unlimited storage capacity in Google Drive
- GSFE provides numerous security features that have been designed to keep data safe and secure
- GSFE contains no advertising
- Google cannot gather student or district information
More information on GSFE productivity tools is available here.
GSFE – Walled Garden
Google Suite for Education functions within what Google calls a “walled garden.” It will not allow students to send or receive email outside of the school district GSFE domain. Students can only send emails to school district staff and students within the secure environment. It will not allow him or her to send or receive email outside of our “walled garden.”
These tools are accessible from any device that has access to the internet. Google Suite will work on desktops, laptops, Chromebooks and there are specific Google Apps available or Android and iPad tablets.