Leanne is a mother of 2, one who attends high school in the district, and one who attends university. She has been grateful to call the lands of the Snuneymuxw people her home for the last 9 years.
She spent the last four years serving as the DPAC President for SD68, where she had the opportunity to work with the districts PACs, encouraging parental involvement in the educational system and providing parent education opportunities.
She sat on many SD68 internal committees including Business, ETAG, LRFP, ESACC, Calendar and Safe Schools where she had the opportunity to voice the concerns and wishes of parents in the district. She is grateful for the opportunities her role as President gave her to be able to gain valuable experience on how to affect positive change in the district for parents and students.
She looks forward to working in her new role as trustee to improve the learning outcomes for students.
Committee / Board Membership
- Vice-Chair, Business Committee
- BCSTA Provincial Councilor
- BCPSEA Representative Council
- CUPE Trustee Liaison Committee
- Nanaimo-Ladysmith Schools Foundation
- District Parent Advisory Council (Alternate)
Represented Family of Schools
- Nanaimo District Secondary School
- Brechin Elementary
- Forest Park Elementary
- Gabriola Elementary
- École Hammond Bay Elementary