StrongStart Early Learning Centres provide a free drop-in program for children 5 and under and their parent, grandparent, or caregiver. Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools has eight StrongStart Centres. Thanks to the financial support from the Ministry of Education, Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools is supporting families to become involved in early learning and providing opportunities where they can spend time learning through play with their children.
To register your child for the StrongStart program you will need to:
- Fill out and print the Registration Form
- Review the acceptable document list
- Bring both the registration form AND the required documents to a StrongStart Centre for verification.
Please note the registration is NOT complete until all required documents are brought into a StrongStart Centre.
StrongStart Centres are closed for professional days and curriculum implementation days as well as the following days for in-service, prep, planning and clean-up:
- April 3
- June 1
Resources for StrongStart Parents
- StrongStart Brochure
- StrongStart Parent Policy
- StrongStart Centres Supporting Board’s Inclusive Goal