Online Payment & Forms System – The district is implementing a new online payment and forms system to help mitigate the risk of COVID-19
Mental wellness during COVID-19 – staff share tips and resources to help you manage your mental health
Parent Volunteers working closely with our students are required to submit a criminal record check. Further information to submit an application can be found in the district’s School Volunteer Administrative Procedure.
Communicating Student Learning – Redesigned curriculum and assessment
Student Threat/Violence Risk Assessment (VTRA) – important information for parents and students
- Threat Assessment / Fair Notice Brochure
- Community Threat Assessment Protocol – a multi-disciplinary community partnership
Fair Notice Templates for Students and Parents
Safer Schools Together has created Fair Notice information templates for parents and students regarding Violence Threat Risk Assessments (VTRA). The notices are generic and intended for schools/school districts to use to communicate information about the VTRA process to their school communities.
Insurance for Students – Students are actively involved at school – from the playground to organized sports – and sometime accidents do happen. The school district does not provide insurance for any losses and costs that arise from such accidents and we strongly recommend that parents consider purchasing student accident insurance. For more information visit:
No Child Without
- Medic Alert has joined with Lions Club of Canada and the Government of Canada to offer FREE Medic Alert Bracelets and Necklaces for children aged 4 to 14.
School Locator Map
Use our school locator application to track down a specific school in our district easily… try it now
Nanaimo-Ladysmith Schools Foundation
Nanaimo-Ladysmith Schools Foundation is a registered, community-based charity that helps the students in Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools. Initiatives include Food4Schools, Student Support Fund, Scholarships and Bursaries as well as Enhanced Learning initiatives and grants.
Visit their website to find out how you can help.
Important Resources for Parents
- Threat Assessment Brochure
- Criminal Record Check Process
- Erase Bullying Resource for Parents
- Types of Bullying
- Identifying Bullying
- Call it Safe – Bullying in Elementary Schools
- Racism & Discrimination – Tools for Parents & Caregivers
- Raising Digitally Responsible Youth – A Parent Guide
- Boys & Girls Club Offers Virtual Programs
- B.C.’s Digital Literacy Framework
- Media Smarts
- Protect Kids Online
- Texting and Social Media Slang, Abbreviation Dictionary
- Cybertip.ca: Report the online sexual exploitation of children
- Government of Canada: Get Cyber Safe
- Need Help Now
- How to Talk to Youth about Sextortion
- Social Media Guidelines
- Learning for Life