There are currently two 30-day notices of motion in which the Board of Education is requesting feedback from the community.
May 25 – July 1, 2022
NDSS Community Field official naming to q’unq’inuqwstuxw (Listen to pronunciation)
Coal Tyee Elementary name change to syuẁén’ct (Listen to pronunciation)
The results of this consultation will be discussed at a Special Board meeting held in July 2022.
June 27 – July 31, 2022
The Board of Education is seeking feedback on the following:
- Draft policy 2.5 – Board committees representation and annual workplan; and
- Draft policy 2.6 – Board meeting procedures.
Feedback will be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The consultation period will end on July 31, 2022.
June 27 – August 31, 2022
A consultation has begun with respect to addressing capacity issues with potentially impacted communities in the Ladysmith and North Oyster areas.
Steps on how to participate:
1. Read the three scenarios in the “Ensuring Capacity and Safety” document
2. Share your feedback through ThoughtExchange OR by email: email@example.com
3. Attend a virtual open house (Date TBD)
If you participate in the ThoughtExchange, It is important to revisit this engagement after your initial participation as you will want to view other people’s priorities. Please rate a total of 20-30 thoughts as this will provide the district with a broader direction on multiple priorities. Feedback will be shared with the Board at a meeting held in the fall.