Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools is excited to offer staff and students in Grades 4 - 12 a Google Apps for Education (GAFE) account. GAFE consists of the following tools: Classroom, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Sites.
What are Google Apps for Education?
- GAFE is a cloud based set of applications that are completely free for educational institutions.
- It is very easy to collaborate using GAFE. Documents, email, calendars, spreadsheets and sites can be accessed and edited any time.
- Work offline with documents
- Share files/documents/documents with students and collaborate in real time
- Receive and provide feedback on student assignments
- Can be used on any device (computer, phone, tablet)
- It is available 24/7 provided an internet connection is available
- Education accounts have unlimited storage capacity in Google Drive
- GAFE provides numerous security features that have been designed to keep data safe and secure
- GAFE contains no advertising
- Google cannot gather student or district information
More information on GAFE productivity tools is available here.