August 8, 2018 - Please note: Due to the high volume of new registrations, the response time for placement of your child may be delayed. Once schools reopen at the end of August, it may take up to five to seven business days for staff to confirm placement. To expedite this process, please ensure that you provide all required documentation.
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- A valid email address
- Photo or scan showing proof of your child’s age and citizenship
- Photo or scan showing proof of residency
- Please view the complete list of acceptable documents before proceeding
We reserve the right to request additional documents. Applications are not considered complete until all supporting documentation has been submitted.
2018-19 School Year (Next Year)
– Online registration will begin on January 10 @ 8am
– If you need to update your child’s registration or make any changes, please contact the Central Registration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early French Immersion applicants were due by January 31, 2018. Student selection was determined by lottery and have been notified. Early French Immersion registrations received after this time will be placed on a wait list.
New Secondary School Academy, Out-of-Catchment and Out of District student applications are due March 31, 2018. Please note, secondary academies at NDSS (Beach, Hockey, Lacrosse & Soccer) applications are due March 16, 2018.
To ensure placement at your catchment-area school, registration must be received by June 15, 2018.
More information about the registration process
Should you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Secondary Academy Applications
Registration for the 2018-19 school year began January 10, 2018. Applications are due March 31, 2018. Please note, secondary academies at NDSS (Beach, Hockey, Lacrosse & Soccer) applications are due March 16, 2018.
Visit the Secondary Academies webpage for more information about the academies.
Letter to Parents – December 15, 2017
Out-of-Catchment and Academy Applications for 2018-19 school year
Online Registration Process
The following information will help determine if this process will apply to you.
- Is my child new to Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools?
- Do I have a child that will be turning five years old on or before December 31, 2018?
- Do I want to register my child in French Immersion?
- Do I want to register my child in Late French Immersion?
- Do I want to register my child in secondary academies? (Hockey, Soccer, Beach Volleyball, Lacrosse, Baseball, Performing Arts or Jazz)
- Do I want to apply for a school transfer request?
- Do I want to register my child out-of-catchment?