The Facilities Department oversees the servicing, construction, and renovation of district buildings and grounds.
The Facilities Department is responsible for:
Operations – Cleaning of schools and other buildings
Maintenance – Keeping the district’s schools and other buildings and grounds in good repair
- Parents or the general public who have maintenance concerns should contact the school directly. If required, the school will initiate a service request to the appropriate department.
Capital Planning – Overseeing construction of new buildings and additions to buildings and overseeing construction projects to address seismic condition of schools
- South Wellington Consultation
- Cilaire Elementary Seismic Mitigation Project
- Ecole Hammond Hammond Bay Elementary Expansion
Minor Alterations – Planning and carrying out renovations to schools
Energy Management – Initiatives to ensure district facilities are energy-efficient
- NLPS Energy Cup 2019-20 Winners
- 2018 Carbon Neutral Action Plan – Report
- BC Hydro Quarterly Report – August 2019
Facility Rentals – After-hours rental of district facilities to community groups
- Rental Fees
- Online facility booking program – questions or concerns with your online login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 741-5241 or 250 741-5244.
*Important notice for renters regarding emergency cancellations*
A reminder to all rental partners that the School District reserves the right to cancel individual rental incidences waiving the notice period, for health and safety risks. In these instances the renter will not be charged due to emergency cancellation by the Board. Power outages, inclement weather, emergent maintenance, capital loss events, and school closures are some of the reasons the district has had to cancel permits in the past. The district may also cancel rentals when given direction from the health authority. Thank you for your understanding.
Transportation – Providing school bus services
Facilities Department Contacts
Executive Director of Planning and Operations Pete Sabo email@example.com 250 741-5265
Assistant Director, Planning and Operations Brian Hackwood firstname.lastname@example.org 250 741-5268
Acting Operations Manager Kiran Singh email@example.com 250 741-5213
Maintenance Manager Greg Paterson firstname.lastname@example.org 250 741-5268
Transportation Supervisor Dave Prevost email@example.com 250 741-5246
Energy Manager Mary Zuccaro firstname.lastname@example.org 250 244-2777
Facilities Rentals 250 741-5241