The Facilities Department oversees the servicing, construction, and renovation of district buildings and grounds.
The Facilities Department is responsible for:
Operations – Cleaning of schools and other buildings
Maintenance – Keeping the district’s schools and other buildings and grounds in good repair
- Parents or the general public who have maintenance concerns should contact the school directly. If required, the school will initiate a service request to the appropriate department.
Capital Planning – Overseeing construction of new buildings and additions to buildings and overseeing construction projects to address seismic condition of schools
Minor Alterations – Planning and carrying out renovations to schools
Energy Management – Initiatives to ensure district facilities are energy-efficient
- NLPS Energy Cup 2016-17 Winners
- 2016 Carbon Neutral Action Plan – Report
- Energy Management Summary – April 2017
- BC Hydro Quarterly Report – July 2016
Facility Rentals – After-hours rental of district facilities to community groups
- Rental Fees
- Online facility booking program – questions or concerns with your online login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 741-5241
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools has launched a new facility booking program. With the new program you will be able to set up and manage your account, do online bookings and make payments. The new software, powered by PerfectMind, streamlines services and provides intuitive and user-friendly online facility bookings. We appreciate your patience while we transition to the new and improved booking site. Patrons can expect some downtime during this process. If you have any questions or concerns, or issues with your online login, please contact us at email@example.com or call 250-741-5241 or 250-741-5244.
Transportation – Providing school bus services
Facilities Department Contacts
Director of Planning and Operations Pete Sabo firstname.lastname@example.org 250 741-5265
Operations Supervisor Diane Bunnah email@example.com 250 741-5213
Maintenance Supervisor Brian Hackwood firstname.lastname@example.org 250 741-5268
Transportation Supervisor Dave Prevost email@example.com 250 741-5246
Energy Manager Rob Lumsden firstname.lastname@example.org 250 244-2777
Facilities Rentals 250 741-5241