New way of reporting for the redesigned curriculum Grades K-9
There is a redesigned curriculum for Grades K-9 beginning this school year and engagement with parents about how to report student progress is also happening.
The district’s goal is to design a way of reporting that will fully involve students, parents and teachers and the new provincial curriculum is designed to capture the passions and interests of students to better meet their personalized needs. There are better communication tools now to keep parents informed and connected to their child’s learning.
Until February 28, 2017, the Ministry of Education was asking for input and gathering feedback from parents on student progress reporting. You can sign up for engagement updates here.
- Ministry of Education Update – K-9 Curriculum
- Ministry of Education Update – K-9 Reporting
- Ministry of Education Student Reporting Order and Policy
- Communicating Student Learning – June 2017
- Communicating Student Learning K-7 – March 2017
- Communicating Student Learning Grades 8-9 – March 2017
- Core Competencies K-7 – June 2017
- Core Competencies 8-9 – June 2017
- Updated: BC Curriculum Comparison Guide – June 2017
- Communicating Student Learning 8-12 – September 2017
Feedback - Communicating Student Learning
The district is looking for feedback for the District Reporting Process. Deadline for feedback is Monday, April 3, 2017.