Refining Reporting in NLPS
In 2020-21, all Kindergarten to Grade 9 schools will continue to assess students using the provincial proficiency scale (Emerging, Developing, Proficient and Extending).
The district’s goal is to design a way of reporting that will fully involve students, parents and teachers and the new provincial curriculum is designed to capture the passions and interests of students to better meet their personalized needs. There are better communication tools now to keep parents informed and connected to their child’s learning.
- Ministry of Education Update – K-9 Curriculum
- Ministry of Education Update – K-9 Reporting
- Ministry of Education Student Reporting Order and Policy
- Graduation Program (Parent Guide)
- Communicating Student Learning – September 2020