Refining Reporting in NLPS
In 2018-19, all Kindergarten to Grade 9 schools will assessed using the provincial proficiency scale (Emerging, Developing, Proficient and Extending).
In 2019-20, all B.C. schools will use the new Grades 10 – 12 curriculum.
The district’s goal is to design a way of reporting that will fully involve students, parents and teachers and the new provincial curriculum is designed to capture the passions and interests of students to better meet their personalized needs. There are better communication tools now to keep parents informed and connected to their child’s learning.
- Ministry of Education Update – K-9 Curriculum
- Ministry of Education Update – K-9 Reporting
- Ministry of Education Student Reporting Order and Policy
- 2018 Graduation Program (Parent Guide) – January 2019
- Communicating Student Learning – September 2018
Parent Reporting Feedback Form (Google Form)