Charlene is of Indigenous (Ehattesaht Chinehkint), Scottish, and English descent and her father also gave her a traditional family name from their lineage. She is a married mother of two children, who attend elementary and secondary schools in the district.
She previously represented the District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) as President and Past President, and enjoyed working with parents and other stakeholders during those years. She played a key supportive role for parents during consultation and construction meetings.
She is humbled to continue to serve Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools as a member of the Board of Education working to achieve success for all.
Committee / Board Membership
- Chair, Board of Education
- Board Governance and Policy Advisory Committee
- Bargaining Advisory Committee
- BCPSEA Representative Council (Alternate)
- CUPE Trustee Liaison Committee (Alternate)
- Leaders 4 Learning Council
- Syeyutsus Committee
- Long Range Facilities Plan (LRFP)
- Nanaimo Community Health Network